Dear clients and friends –
I do hope you and your colleagues and families are keeping as well as possible during these uncertain and difficult times.
It is paramount to all of us here at Elmwood’s that we keep you updated regularly on the state-of-play of our auctions, and that we let you know that our business is running well, and as safely as possible for you and our team.
Our unique position as on-line based auctioneers, ahead of competitors in the auction industry, enables us to adapt easily to the current global crisis. This allows us to continue to conduct business, keeping you at the heart of what we do, and ensuring we continue to support you all.
To ensure the safety of our clients and staff, we are now operating with a skeleton staff of two within the office, with all remaining staff working remotely from their homes. We will be conducting business as normal, with no changes to our planned auction calendar, and to ensure we continue to work to the highest standards, we have put in place the following additional client services:
- One-to-one video consultations and viewings of lots via Skype, FaceTime, WhatsApp or any other suitable video calling software.
- Free online valuations and valuations by post.
- By appointment only auction viewings one-to-one directly with me.
- Thorough cleaning of all lots between viewings and handlings in line with government hand-washing guidelines.
- Office staff will be required to wash their hands in line with government guidelines every twenty minutes, or after coughing, sneezing or bringing hands into contact with their face or any external surfaces.
- All packaging, shipping and deliveries will be handled solely by our Client Services Manager, wearing gloves.
- We will continue to offer a fast and efficient shipping and delivery service, although some clients may experience delays with the shipment of items as a result of new restrictions placed on third party couriers such as staff shortages, flight cancellations, etc.
We are adhering to all the government’s Covid-19 public health policies within our office and we have had no cases of coronavirus within our staff clientele. In an effort to offer continued support to our great staff, we will be aiming to maintain all staff on full pay, even during periods of self-isolation and non-work in the coming months.
During this difficult financial time and with future economic uncertainty, Elmwood’s has been approached by clients to sell their lots directly or immediately via Private Treaty rather than waiting to go through to auction. To ease this process for our clients, we have extended these services and have placed one of our Senior Specialists in charge of delivering a personal and speedy service. You may reach out to us for this service as normal via our email@example.com email address.
In the mean time, we continue to prepare for our Important Jewels auction next week, which we hope many of you will be able to enjoy. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to arrange private viewing appointments, or to arrange a video call viewing consultation appointment. We will be happy to assist with any queries, or to offer any support we can.
I will continue to update you regularly.
Take good care of yourselves.
With Kind Regards –