Why choose us?
- BEST PRICES - We have an extensive client base to ensure your items achieve the best prices and are never undersold.
- SIMPLE PROCESS - We have a simple sale process, the same each time, outlined below.
- FASTEST PAYMENTS - We will pay you within 72 hours of your items being paid for by the buyers - no other auction house in London offers this, with most waiting 28 days before paying.
- SIMPLE FEES - We have the simplest and cheapest fee structure for selling of any London based auction house, a flat charge with no additional hidden costs.
- LOWEST BUYER’S PREMIUM - We have the lowest buyer’s premium of any other London auction house, with our competitors charging 25% (Sothebys, Bonhams, Christies, Phillips, Chiswick Auctions), 23% (Roseberys) and 22% (London Auctions).
- REGULAR SALES - We have regular specialist sales throughout the year.
- CENTRAL LONDON - We host our sales at our Central London location in affluent Notting Hill, ensuring your items are presented to the best clients possible.
- PERSONAL SERVICE - From start to finish, you will be dealt with by one person client manager, rather than having to speak to someone new each time. Your client manager will be available round the clock to help with all questions.
Selling with Elmwood’s
Request an Auction Estimate
Begin by getting in touch with us to request an auction estimate. This can be done online here, or by emailing or telephoning us. We will be able to provide you with a provisional valuation for your items, however this may change subject to seeing any item in person. You can bring pieces in person to one of our valuation days too, every Wednesday and Saturday, 10am-4pm at our premises in Notting Hill. We also are happy to travel to your property for individual valuations, and additionally hold valuation days across the country throughout the year. To find out if we will be in your area soon, view our calendar here.
Sign an Auction Agreement
If you are satisfied with your pre-sale estimate, then you can ship or deliver your items to us, and we will provide you with a full written contract of consignment detailing your property, as well as estimates, reserves, terms of sale and any agreed fees and charges, to be signed by both parties.
The Hard Work
As soon as we have your property, we will begin to research, photograph, catalogue and market it ahead of the auction. Items will be photographed for inclusion in our printed catalogues as well as to be showcased online with our online bidding platforms. Your items will be carefully marketed to an international clientele of collectors, institutions and industry professionals alike in order to ensure they reach their fullest potential.
Auction Day and Viewing
Your items will be on display in our gallery space prior to auction. We encourage vendors to come and view their items prior to auction if they want. Items will go under the hammer on auction day, and you will be notified by email at the end of the sale day whether or not your items have sold.
After the Sale
Shortly after the auction, vendors will receive payment in full by their preferred payment method, and will as receive emailed and printed statements detailing sales results and net returns less any commission and other charges due, which will always be agreed prior to sale of any goods. Payment times will vary, but we do our best to ensure that as soon as your lots have been paid for by their buyers, you will be paid within 72 hours.